Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Scripture discussion for Today, Wednesday 10/31

Deuteronomy 7: 25-26

The images of their gods you are to burn in the fire. Do not covet the silver and gold on them, and do not take it for yourselves, or you will be ensnared by it, for it is detestable to the LORD your God. Do not bring a detestable thing into your house or you, like it, will be set apart for destruction. Utterly abhor and detest it, for it is set apart for destruction.

What has God spoken to you through this scripture?

I've recently been doing some housecleaning...spiritual housecleaning, I would call it. Getting rid of things that don't belong in a Christian home, things that might hinder my walk with God. Old CD's, movies, photos, decorations, and clutter that just "clutters". I feel that I need to do this to follow God's Word and to be obedient to Christ.

I've been deliberating about giving away, selling, throwing out, or destroying these items. I'd like to hear from others what they think about this issue and what you may have done with your things when God told you that you should no longer keep them. What did you do with them and why? etc.

No comments: