Friday, October 26, 2007

Fanatic or Hypocrite

Recently, someone called me a "borderline fanatic". I considered this for a while, almost offended, until I realized that there are only two choices when it comes down to being a "Christian". (not listed in order of importance)

First Choice: Claim Christianity, following the traditions of 'the church', being a good person, and often assuming that certain parts of the bible weren't for you or changing the meaning to suit how you believe at that moment in time.

Second Choice: Follow God, read the bible, believe it and do what it says, all of it. Share the Word, telling others about Jesus. Having sincerity in your heart and desiring a real closeness with God.

In the past I chose the first choice, Not realizing that I wasn't following God at all, but following Satan. With God, it's all or nothing. The bible is made up of honest words spoken from God to us. Either we choose to believe it and follow it allowing people think we are fanatics, or we choose to water it down and not take it all too seriously, but still telling others we believe in God and his Word, making us hypocrites. So it all boils down to HYPOCRITE or FANATIC. I'll choose Fanatic every day of the week... and I'm proud of it!

Borderline (fanatic)??? I guess I still have some work to do. :)

No comments: